#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine, Melaka » | Omerta, Darlinghurst » | Freebie Friday: Win two tickets to a Taste Food To... » | Imbi Market, Yut Kee and Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur » | Malaysia food tour with Adam Liaw: Nasi lemak, rot... » | Kambozza, Parramatta » | Marco Pierre White masterclass » | Crab, marmite pork ribs and 1m roti, Kuala Lumpur,... » | Freebie Friday: Win 1 of 3 copies of Voracious » | Phi Phi Island, Thailand »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Freebie Friday: Win a 12 month subscription to the Stonesoup Virtual Cookery School




So everyone's been watching MasterChef Australia (go #teambilly!) but are we really heading back into the kitchen to cook?

You'll be able to solve your dinner dilemma with this week's Freebie Friday: a 12-month subscription to the Stonesoup Virtual Cookery School.

Jules Clancy is a qualified food scientist who threw in her job as a chocolate biscuit designer (yes, really) and turned her food blog into a full-time venture. She has published print and e- cook books, and now runs online cooking classes that can be accessed anytime from anywhere in the world.

Her hook? All her recipes use five ingredients, and should be ready in 10 minutes or less.



THE PRIZE
A twelve-month subscription to the Stonesoup Virtual Cookery School. This includes online access to:
  • the latest class, Solve Your Dinner Dilemma, made up of eight modules. Each module includes a detailed video, written transcript and recipes;
  • past classes and all materials, including Reclaim Your Waistline, Twenty Minute Curries and Simple Breadmaking at Home;
  • downloadable video ebooks;
  • Virtual Cookery School recipe index and online recipe scrapbook;
  • class discussion forum with students from all around the world.
Prize value: $199
This prize is open to all international readers.


HOW TO ENTER:
All you have to do is fulfil the requirements below:

Option 1:
  1. Leave a comment on this post and tell us: What is your dinner dilemma, and why do you need to solve it?
  2. And then send an email to grabyourforkfreebiefriday@yahoo.com.au with the subject heading "Dinner" and include your full name and a copy of your published comment from this post.
Option 2:
  1. Enter via the Grab Your Fork facebook fan page. Simply leave your answer on the event listing here.
The winning entry will be decided on honesty, creativity or entertainment value. Don't be shy! You've got to be in it to win it! Readers may submit multiple entries as long as each answer is different.

The Stonesoup Virtual Online Cookery School competition closes on Tuesday 5 July 2011 at 9.30pm AEST. The winner will be announced on Grab Your Fork on Wednesday 06 July 2011.

EDIT: This competition has now closed. Congratulations to the winner announced here.

Related Grab Your Fork posts:
Win 1 of 3 copies of Voracious: Best New Aust Food Writing (closes Tues 14 June)
Win 2 tickets to a Taste Food Tour in Bankstown (closes Tues 28 June)
12 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Helen (Grab Your Fork) on 6/10/2011 01:17:00 am


12 Comments:

  • At 6/10/2011 7:24 am, Blogger Cate said…

    My dinner dilemma is finding food that fits our busy lifestyle of being out late several nights a week at sport, and that my extremely fussy children will eat. I am sick of pasta, and they are sick of the slow cooker - aaagh I can't win!!!

     
  • At 6/10/2011 10:23 am, Anonymous Jeanette McKenzie said…

    My husband is a fussy eater and I'm tired of cooking something only to have him turn his nose up at it! I desperately need some new ideas. Cooking two meals a night is getting OLD.

    signed - over it in Glen Iris

     
  • At 6/10/2011 11:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dinner dilemma is cooking for one. I'd like to know how to make nice food quickly so I can stop eating spaghetti on toast for dinner :)

     
  • At 6/11/2011 2:50 pm, Anonymous Liil K said…

    My dinner dilemma is I should start learning to cook, otherwise I'll never be able to move out on my own and live by myself. No man would want me either [I doubt they want to eat sandwiches for the rest of their lives]!

     
  • At 6/11/2011 2:50 pm, Anonymous Amy Z said…

    im a student so my dinner dilemma would be finding easy and nutritious food that is easy to make and needs little or no preparation. im so sick of take out and cup noodles, can someone find me a muscular firefighter to cook my meals? xD

     
  • At 6/13/2011 9:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I get nervous when I see long recipes with lots of ingredients so I don't cook much. I'd like to do this class. It sounds perfect for me.

     
  • At 6/14/2011 1:06 pm, Anonymous Cassie said…

    As a recent transplant from the U.S. I'm struggling to adjust to foreign terms such as 'Celsius' and 'milliliters'. I'm loving this country, it's amazing food and my new Australian friends. It's these new Australian friends that I'm 'keen' to impress with my cooking skills. Please assist me in distinguishing between a pavlova and a pastry pie so I can host amazing dinner parties and spread my cooking school skills.

     
  • At 6/28/2011 9:30 am, Blogger Kate said…

    I agonise over weeknight dinners when my husband's shift work sees me eating alone. While I wander aimlessly around the kitchen trying to think of something fast, simple, healthy and yet appetizing to make (that wont require dirtying a tonne of dishes!) I find myself snacking and grazing and before you know it I realise I've filled my tummy and that my 'healthy' dinner has just consisted of 4-6 various chocolate coated biscuits (that I convince myself I always buy for when my nephew visits... ha!), random pieces of bread smeared heavily with butter and handful after handful of hubby's super sugary breakfast cereal. To make things worse I usually end up hungry 2-3 hours later and wind up munching away on vegemite toast in bed. How sad. I'm tired of it and I want to learn a few 'fast, fresh, simple and tasty' skills that will teach me not to be fearful of whipping up a meal for one. Reclaiming my current carb loving waistline wouldn't hurt either!

    Thanks for the great competition, Helen :)

     
  • At 6/29/2011 10:13 am, Anonymous Maureen said…

    Cassie, every American moving to Australia goes through the same thing. My first month here I lived at Southgate in Melbourne and would walk to the Queen Vic market and wander back and forth in front of the butcher shops. All I recognized were t-bone steaks. (we ate a lot of t-bone steak that first month)

    On my third visit to the market I wanted something other than steak so I walked up and down the row of butchers, peering into each meat case and wondering how the heck I'd cook a cut of meat I was unfamiliar with.

    I was stressing. My Aussie sweetheart would be home from work at 6 and I didn't want to serve steak (again).

    As I was staring into the window one of the butchers came out and said, "Darl, you've been looking in every window so long you must need a chair," and handed me a chair.

    That was it. I started to cry ! I didn't know Melbourne butchers were also comedians!

    I walked away and bought something from another butcher and 3 butchers started applauding. I've toughened up since 1996. :)

    I've also learned to cook meat and I can think in celsius - it will just happen.

     
  • At 7/05/2011 5:03 pm, Anonymous Alan said…

    Day before payday, One turnip, half a fennel 2 onions, 3 carrots, and couple of potatoes. I cannot think of any reasonable combination, but after 12 months at the Stonesoup Virtual Online Cookery School, I'll be fine.

     
  • At 7/06/2011 7:14 am, Anonymous Orgasmic Chef said…

    I've been cooking a long time but there is one thing I wish I did better. My knife skills are crap. I wish I could use my knives with more skill. I learned cutting by Nigella Lawson - we get the job done but we're not clever.

     
  • At 7/07/2011 12:26 am, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Thank you everyone for your entries. This competition has now closed. The winner has been announced here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts